AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone
AOL has been around for almost three decades and has provided its customers with the best emailing service in the market. Because they have used their AOL email accounts for a significant amount, most AOL email account holders do not wish to terminate their accounts. Even though many individuals are switching to Gmail and other prominent platforms, AOL still has a large client base dedicated to the service. AOL also offers a dedicated mobile application for iPhone, like Google's Gmail. However, some users have reported that the AOL app occasionally presents them with problems. Below are the possible reasons and solutions to resolve the issue of AOL Mail not working on the iPhone.
Fix the "AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone" issue by checking
AOL Mail not working on iPhone issue is still not resolved. Be at ease! Read on to solve the puzzle of how to fix AOL email not working on iPhone in great detail. The solutions are divided into a number of tried-and-true steps. Users frequently report issues with their AOL Mail accounts on iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 7 these days. People from all around the world have complained that AOL Mail does not function on the iPhone. We therefore present some fast and simple advice to assist users. In this post, we've explored every solution that might be available for various iPhone versions. Now let's check:
Fix the AOL mail issue by using airplane mode.
The AOL Mail app has a flaw that frequently prevents users from getting new emails even after updating their inbox. If you are experiencing this difficulty, it is quite probable that your network, rather than the app, is to blame. Even though your iPhone says you have an Internet connection, this may not always be the case. If your AOL mail 295 is not functioning on your iPhone, try switching to Airplane mode to resolve any potential network issues.
Airplane mode can be activated from the iPhone Control Panel:
- • Swipe up on your screen to open Control Panel.
- • Tap the airplane icon in the top left to turn on airplane mode.
- • Wait a few minutes to turn it off again.
The iPhone's settings also allow you to activate airplane mode:
- • Go to Settings from the iPhone home screen.
- • Slide the bar next to the Airplane Mode option so it turns green.
- • After a few minutes, turn it off again.
Set your network settings back to default for more impact
It may be time for you to take more significant action if you discover that switching airplane mode on and off does not solve your charge issue or allow you to send or receive fresh emails on your iPhone. Your network may still be the source of the issue; for example, your iPhone may have trouble picking up the network or may be just a little beyond the coverage area. There is a fix for it, whatever the cause. You can restart the network on your iPhone by resetting the network settings if you believe that the network is to blame for your AOL mail 295 not working.
Resetting your iPhone's network settings is as follows:
- • Go to Settings app
- • Scroll down until you find the general options and then tap on it to access the options
- • Scroll down the next page until you find the “Reset” option and then select it.
- • Then select the “Reset network settings” option and then confirm the action.
Your network settings have been reset and if necessary you can restart your iPhone and hopefully you will be able to access all your important AOL emails on your device.
Remove AOL account from iPhone and add it back
If you are still having issues with your AOL Mail on iPhone, you can try deleting your account from the Mail app and then adding it back. This method should refresh your account and you should be able to get all your new mail to your device quickly. Simply follow these steps to remove your AOL account from your device, and then re-add it and sign in to your account again.
To remove your AOL account from iPhone, you must:
- • Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- • You will see a list of all the accounts on your iPhone
- • Scroll until you find the AOL account and then select it
- • You will see the “Delete Account” option at the bottom of the next page; Click on it.
- • These steps will help you remove your AOL account from your iPhone. To re-add your AOL account, you must follow these steps:
- • Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts;
- • At the bottom of the page, tap on the “Add Account” option;
- • From the open list, select “Aol.”;
- • Sign in with your credentials.
Your AOL email account has been set up again and you can now quickly access all your emails.
Set up 2-Step Verification for AOL Mail on iPhone
If you have enabled the 2-step verification process for your AOL account, then it may be the reason why your AOL mail is not working on iPhone. To fix this problem, you will need to follow a few more steps after setting up the iPhone.
- • Visit the AOL Mail account security page on your device
- • Click on the “Manage” option and make sure your 2-step verification process is activated.
- • Select the “Connect Apps” option and then select the iOS Mail app and then select your iOS device as well.
- • Select the “Generate App Password” option to get the unique password.
- • Copy the password and go to the AOL mail account page in iPhone settings.
- • If you haven’t added an AOL account to iPhone, follow the method above to set up your AOL email.
- • Paste the copied password into the password box as your AOL password on the iPhone.